Sick

Disclaimer: this post is exactly what it says on the tin so if you can't stomach issues of the (baby) stomach I advise you not to continue...

Reuben has quite a portfolio of puke for one so young. A number of amusing vomit-themed anecdotes and incidents have already occurred, some of which are accompanied by photos. (Of course they are, it's me after all!)

In at number four we have the very near miss with Daddy's mouth. As Vianney held Reuben above him in the air, the boy  took his best shot and only narrowly missed his beloved Daddy's open mouth!

Number three was the impressive, and still unexplained, incident wherein my jacket pocket was the unknowing landing spot of a nice splodge of puke. It missed my entire top and even the top of the pocket and went straight to the depths of my pocket, even bypassing the phone that was sat in there (thankfully!)
I genuinely have no idea how or when he made that particular deposit but he's made it clear in his short little life so far that when it comes to sickness, you should expect the unexpected! 😂

Here's where it gets graphic...
The runner-up for best sickness anecdote (so far) came on the one full day I spent alone with the boys. Noah was playing with his playmobil, Sketch was snoozing somewhere and Reubs and I were having what I thought was a happy, chilled out little snuggle after a feed. Little did I know that something was brewing. Something on a scale not yet seen before (by Reuben at least!). A picture is worth a thousand words so here are three...




Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "In your face!!" 
So that was delightful. An entire change for both me and Reuben; it's a shame as he has already outgrown the outfit he was wearing that day so managed a whole 37 mins wearing it!

And now for the best and worst of the lot (to date). This little beauty was accidentally caught on camera as I went to take a photo of the boys sat together. Noah was eating dinner earlier than us that night so he was at his little table and had asked for his brother to come and be near him so that he could "show Reuben his dinner". Very sweet. Less sweet was the moment that as I took the photo, Reuben decided to show Noah his dinner and threw up all over Vianney and the floor. I wish that was the end of the story but no, there's a reason this one made number one.



Notice Sketch loitering by Noah's table? He always waits there just in case Noah drops food - or leaves it unattended (!) - and apparently he counts baby sick as something to be eaten. No cleaning up of the floor was required that night as our rancid dog wasted no time in licking every last drop up.

Yep, told you it was gross. You are welcome!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.