Little Reuben has hardly left his house in the seven and a half months he has lived in this world, let alone his home town. So taking on three trains, one cab, five lifts and literally hundreds of new faces in the space of just a few hours understandably left him slightly shell-shocked.
We arrived at Granny and Grandad's all having had a very fun journey but all very tired and dazed! I take that back; not all of us were in that state. Noah was buzzing and bouncing all over the place with the joy of finally being back at my parents' house. His exclamations of joy at any and every little alteration or decoration could be heard throughout the house.
The description of his festively decorated bedroom was adorable: "Mummy come and see, my room is all posh!!"
And the literal squeal when he saw that even the toilet was decorated for Christmas was delightfully innocent and memorable too.
Reuben just needed time to suss out these new surroundings, and he loved doing so in Granny or Grandad's arms. I love the photo below of my Mum pointing out something or other in the garden. In no time at all he will be out there playing with Noah and I'll be shouting at two of them not to wreck alllll the plants!
By the next afternoon (Christmas Eve), Reuben was looking almost as at home as Noah has been for a long time. And the boys had a gorgeous little play time together on the floor, with Noah making Reuben belly laugh at times. I honestly cannot get over their love for one another, it is beautiful and I appreciate every moment of it.
That evening Reuben finally got to meet my cousins and my Auntie and Uncle. Hard to believe Rudi and Mia were just 7 and 9 when they were our bridesmaids. At 18 and nearly 15 now, they are growing so fast, and I love how they love our boys. It's very special.
Noah loved jumping all over my Uncle Mark just like my brothers and I used to; that made me smile - and wince once or twice. I was sure someone would end up in hospital but as ever, they avoided that! All good festive fun and there was much more of that at the Christmas Eve dinner table. Considering his overwhelmed (and teething) state, Reuben took it all pretty much in his stride. The child is incredible.










0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.