We have spent the past two weeks with at least two out of four of us poorly; the current stat is 100% illness. All four down with the vicious virus that thwarted the hotel plan 8 days ago. And that would be rubbish enough but it's not as if it's the first batch of illness this winter.
We have honestly only had one full week since the end of September without some form of horrible viral illness in the family. The boys have suffered the most and when they suffer, that's the worst. In the past two days alone we've seen Noah's one ear drum perforate and the other developing further infection, just four weeks after the last one; Reuben's cough isn't improving and both Vi and I ache all over. We've run out of tissues!
Can you tell that right now I'm wallowing. Yep, pathetic I know! I just feel so ill and every bit of me wants to start making the house feel Christmassy for Noah but I feel like my head is going to explode, starting with my sinuses. I'm finding it hard not to envy all the festive goings-on for (seemingly) everyone else while we spend yet another weekend ill. It's not the end of the world but it does have a way of getting to you.
Time to stop ranting. Time to go and try and find the joy somehow. Maybe a hot Ribena....





0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.