This milestone has always been one of my more emotionally charged ones. Weaning: the beginning of the end (of the tiny baby phase*). We started Noah much earlier than this on solid foods but this time I was determined to make it to six months. And effectively, we did. He will turn six months this coming week. We decided this weekend to give Reuben his first taste of 'solid' (puréed) food while my parents were visiting as I thought it would be special for them to witness such an important first in their grandsons life.
Butternut squash, mixed with Mummy's milk. A classic first food. Reuben entertained and amazed us all with how naturally he opened his mouth as the spoon came towards him for the first time. He did better with the whole thing than I had expected and definitely got at least a small spoonful into his tummy.
Noah enjoyed encouraging his little brother. He never ceases to amaze me with the love he has for this baby who has been with us so little time yet made such an impact on us all.
Today..... Not so much! Exactly the same food, very different response. And this is why weaning is a wonderful, if messy, adventure! Tomorrow we'll try carrots 👍🏼
*Let me just say what we're all thinking: the tiny baby phase never really happened for Reubsy, bless his chubby thighs...and tummy and fingers and chins and back! But you know what I mean!









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.