This morning, after just four hours of sleep at the most I knew it was going to be a case of get out in the fresh air or clock-watch in a zombie state until it was time for little man to go to bed then to school. I resist the zombie clock-watching option whenever possible because I'm realising more and more that time is precious. These days I have with Noah are flying by all too quickly and I would rather make beautiful memories with him and feel a bit (a lot) tired than wish this time away. When it is gone it will not be coming back, and I love time with this small human being. He's amazing.
So, at 8am, knowing rain and storms are forecast for the whole of today, I bundled him and his wellies and waterproof into the card, threw the dog in for good measure and off we went to a local lake and woodland conservation area for an adventure.
May holding this little hand never get old.
"Checking the map!"
Noah's highlight of the whole hour and a half of walking (he did so well) was, without a doubt, meeting snails up close and seeing them pop back into their little home if we touched their shells gently. A number of them were right in the middle of the footpath so Noah took it upon himself to undertake a rescue mission, placing all the wandering snails back to the safety of the woodland and grass either side of the path.
It was really special to watch him learn and engage with different and new aspects of nature up slimily close and personal!










0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.