A week ago I bought these flowers as my own way of marking a precious life who "should" have been joining us around then. I never buy myself flowers but these looked perfect: white, innocent, beautiful.
It was in no way a morbid thing, it was supposed to be a positive, subtle, simple thing and that's exactly what it's been. I have never smelt such beautiful, fragrant flowers. I love freesias for their scent but these are on another level. Any time I'm in our spacious, open plan living room I can smell these beauties and they are genuinely lifting my spirits and lifting my eyes to the amazing God who created them and has carried us through a very painful season. They're a celebration of everything He's done as well as a gentle way to mark what could have been.





0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.