I've been picking up spring-themed items over the past couple of months with a vague thought that I would try and make something for Noah to play with from them. Tonight I finally got my act together!
I found a spare tray we hardly ever use, stuck some brown paper onto it, then added tissue paper in green for a field and veggie patch and in blue for a pond.
I painted up some bits of wood I had from an old canvas to make fencing, painted the tissue paper for effect and stuck extra bits of material where it looked right.
Next I needed to find a use for the silk daffodils which I must admit I had expected to be smaller! I made some greenish blue playdough a couple of weeks back with Noah so out that came and it makes a nice little stand for the oversized flowers and a cute butterfly out of my Mothers' Day flowers.
I gave up on any attempts at proportions of animals/foliage/fencing matching at the outset and I'm hoping the little man will enjoy having a little explore of it all tomorrow sometime. It's meant to rain all day so it's a little something different for him anyway :)
And the beauty of the £1 boxes of decorative Easter chicks (and other animals) is that there are more waiting in the box if these little ones break/get wounded in combat, which I've accepted is inevitable! ;)








0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.