A Thousand Things by Christa Wells
A wonderful friend sent me this song last week. It's timely and I believe its words are true. All things work together for good for those who love God. That's in Romans (8:28), if you didn't know. It so often gets taken out of context and (usually) well-meaning Christians cite it when they tell you "everything is going to be okay". It is true, to be fair. It is going to be okay. Because, as 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' (film) and Helen (friend) tell us: If it's not okay, it isn't the end. That being said, I believe (along with most Christians I know and trust) that this verse, so frequently misquoted, actually just serves to assure us that no pain is wasted. No trial or experience of suffering is just for nothing. Eventually, even if we never actually see it ourselves this side of heaven, there is purpose in every single event, incident and experience in this life. And it will all be worked together, by God, for the good of those who love Him. I trust that. That's why I love the reminder in this song, that in this particular season for us there are a thousand things happening. Beyond me, beyond us, beyond anything that I can see right now. It's in His hands and He will use it in ways we cannot yet imagine or comprehend. Thank Him for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.