Art Exhibition

Today I realised how many photos I have of beautiful artistic masterpieces Noah has created over the past year. We don't necessarily manage to keep every picture he ever draws or paints but I do try to photograph as many as possible, especially the ones he (and/or we) are most proud of. I'm not sure quite where he thinks they all end up but here are a selection of the best (and maybe worst. Yes I'm looking at you, Get Well card!) for posterity! I've chosen all pictures/creations with which he had absolutely no help. Well, except the card. I really tried to help steer that one. Failed, as you will see at the end of the post. It's something to behold! 

First on display, his first ever recognisable "person" drawing. February 2014.


"Hulk": 5th October 2014


First drawing of our family with the addition of Pebble: 12th November 2014


Daddy: 14th November 2014


Aaaannnnd Mummy, same day! Uncanny I know. I think it's the Orange hair that really identifies me (!?)


Then a lovely (also orange) one of me with Pebble in my tummy. Also end of November sometime.


"Red and gold" collage to take to nursery. January 2015.
 

"Captain America" early one January morning, 2015!


Particularly impressive to us, his hugely biased parents, when we realised what he was copying from:


Then today's offering which is what prompted me to post this little art(icle!) and record his work for our memories. May I present to you "Olaf":


This one astounded both Vianney and I as he sat and painted, whilst watching Frozen, with only half his attention on what he was actually doing. He simply put in his colour requests, I mixed them and he came up with the above. It's so wonderful to see him enjoying creative things, and developing in that whole area. Brings a smile to my face every time. 

One final offering, which was also intended to bring smiles to the recipient at the time but alas I fear it may have instead provoked nightmares. May I present the Get Well card made by a 3 and a half year old Noah back in early summer last year. His teacher had been away for a few weeks with a whiplash injury and we decided it would be nice to make her a card. The big plaster was to represent her and three small plasters were to represent the class. Their school uniform is red. Unfortunately once he got painting, it became a scene of carnage.

Here is the card, made June 2014.


I know.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.