Another day indoors

Today I made an executive decision that a) I wasn't well enough to take the little man to nursery or pick him up and that b) his asthma has flared up enough with this cold (both the cold virus and the cold weather!) for him to be better off staying home.

So we settled in for what would be a long day but one which will ultimately contribute (hopefully) to us being a healthier family in the long run. Only, a morning off nursery for a little boy full of beans who isn't actually ill in himself along with a Mummy who really is?! Well that is where the challenge lies. 

Fortunately, thanks to inspiration from various people (online and in'"real life") along with pinterest, I had a few fall-back options for rainy-day/poorly-day play. Today we have played, among other things, the following...


Sensory rice! So colourful but it also smelt gorgeous. I made these batches up almost three months ago, with a few drops of lavender and yet the scent remained beautifully.


Naturally, dragons and treasure were added to the tray of rice and he was entertained for at least fifteen or twenty minutes. I love how it triggers his imagination.


We then had a play break to watch a film, do some colouring and eat some lunch after which Noah promptly decided to cook me up a storm! I settled down on his bed while he proceeded to whip me up "Banana pasta, strawberry and carrot pie and finally scrambled cheese eggs!" Thank goodness it was pretend.


Finally, it was time to get out an activity from my frozen bag of tricks: lego-shaped colourful ice. Some bricks and some lego people.




Again the entertainment was short-lived but definitely well received. His little face overjoyed at the familiar shapes made it worth the effort.

It has been as long a day as I predicted at the start but I'm happy to go to bed not feeling like it was a day wasted. Fun was had and chests kept warm!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.