Corny photos

I really am attempting to find time and space to upload a backlog of photos and blog posts. It's like trying to juggle custard just getting the headspace, let alone any actual, physical, no-small-person-asking-me-for-food-or-falling-over-their-own-feet-or-eating-their-brother's-face space to write and post on here. So as I try and catch myself up, I've decided to give up hope of it being in perfect, chronological order and I'll restart my updates from present day. Then, as and when I get chance (so, 2032 then!?) I will throw the other ones in just when they are least expected. 

Last week my beautiful friend said she had found a gorgeous corn field nearby and she would like to take some photos of us in it. She's taken some of our most treasured and beautiful family photos so of course I was very keen. So much so that when she announced on Monday night that it looked as though the corn may be harvested any day now so maybe we needed to jump on it before it was too late, we got in the car and went within the hour. Correction, we removed the grubby, less than attractive clothing of the day and put on fresh, vaguely coordinated colours. Well, as coordinated as our family wardrobe (and overflowing washing basket, ahem!) allowed anyway. Then we got in the car.

It was 6.30 on an August evening, the light was pretty wonderful and we parked right beside the field. The reasons were twofold: 1) Close enough for me not to struggle. 2) If the farmer turned up less than impressed, we could make a quick getaway. 

Joke. I think it was fine. Probably. 

The photos she managed to get in just fifteen minutes were pretty wonderful and are going to be a collection to treasure. She has a special talent. So here they are, the corny pictures from Monday evening....














A great way to photograph Noah in his first ever pair of glasses, just hours after collecting them from the optician. It helped build his confidence with how he looks wearing them and our friend took some absolute corkers of him in them.






Reubs has only been walking a couple of weeks and so each time he encounters a new surface, it's an adventure all of its own. Corn was one he was less than impressed by to start with but he came around when he realised he could pick little tiny bits and crumble them. It's the little things with this little thing!






These two don't take much convincing to give each other a cuddle. I still treasure that every single time because I am well aware this won't always be the case. It is beautiful and I pray it is putting good foundations in place for their brotherly bond.


My favourites of Reuben aren't always the big beams. They usually are, but sometimes pictures like this one above trump the grins. Goodness knows what he was planning...!



Come on Reuben, smile!!


Much better ;)











I've no idea if they did harvest that field this week but I'm so glad our friend got us out there when she did. An impromptu and quick pop into a corn field has yielded some pretty special photos, thanks to her talent and the beautiful evening light on the corn. Oh and a couple of pretty cute little men! 

And who doesn't love a good out-take....!!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.