Today I drove with both boys for the first time-and lifted Reuben in his car seat. The result? A day of pain which medicine didn't touch, including pain which I hadn't experienced since the first week or two of this injury. I've been feeling so discouraged and frankly worried as to what that means. The lyrics from a song called "Need you now" have spoken to me tonight. I need to hold on to the huge progress made and trust in the promise I believe God gave me, that this isn't forever.
"Well, everybody's got a story to tell,
And everybody's got a wound to be healed,
I want to believe there's beauty here...
I want to believe there's meaning here.
Standing on a road I didn't plan,
Wondering how I got to where I am.
I'm trying to hear that still small voice;
I'm trying to hear above the noise.
How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now."




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.